Do you want to submit music to electrical language?
Would you like to submit a song or two to be considered for play on this podcast? There are just a few guidelines.
1. My only selection criterion is that I have to like the music. Why not listen to a podcast or two to find the kind of thing I like? My tastes range from acoustic to electronica to catchy pop to indie rock, but it's by no means a closed list. I'm not that keen on heavy stuff. If I don't like your music, it doesn't mean that your music isn't good. It's a matter of my taste, and I suggest you try a few of the podcasts at the Association of Music Podcasting (I'm a member).
2. I only play podsafe music (Wikipedia article). So if you do not have the right to permit me to play the song, please do not submit it.
3. To submit a song, please e-mail mp3 files or a link to where I can download them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in the e-mail itself the obvious details like who you are (ie name of artist / band) and name of song. It also helps if you can add some information, where you're from, any albums etc, website url, and any stories behind the songs. If you can give me links to a site where people can buy your music, I'll post that. Also please give me links to any site eg YouTube where there may be a video of the song you have submitted and I'll post that as well. You can also upload files to drop.io/telp123
4. I publish the podcast as a 160 kbps mp3 file. Please encode mp3s at a bitrate of 160 kbps or higher if at all possible before sending them to me. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE include in the song's ID tags the song name and the band/artist name. To get a file called "track 4"with no information to help me identify the artist is really frustrating!
5. Please note that I may also submit your music to other podcasts or feeds including AMPed (the weekly update of the Association of Music Podcasting) Made in the UK (for British bands and artists!) and other podcasts I contribute to. None of these are commercial and I make no money at all. The purpose is to increase exposure for your music and my podcasting. Please let me know if you would prefer me not to do this.
6. If you can do this, please also record and send me a "station ident". I use one of these at the start of each podcast. The basic script is:
I'm [name][from band] and when I'm not [you make this bit up - please be as silly or surreal as you want!] I like to listen to electrical language
(Please say something more original than " ... when I'm not listening to electrical language ... " I have had quite a few of those. I enjoy the wacky ones, and I know listeners do.)
7. That's it! any questions: email@example.com